Saturday, August 14, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy.

In thinking of what makes me happy, the list is pretty much never ending. I wanted to come up with a few things that top the list of happy things. Kind of like my 10 Things of Right Now. I guess I can call it my Top 10 Happy List or something corny like that. Some are big things, some small things. (There is something in the air around here that makes me want to post of "happy things". I've done it twice this week.) Here is what I came up with:

1. My Family. A big duh. They make me laugh + smile through the good times + bad times. My family makes me happy.


2. The Gospel. Living the gospel + having a testimony of the truth gives me the strength to endure to the end. Having the guidance from the spirit + knowing I'm a Daughter of God makes life so much easier + so much happier.

3. My Home. Even though right now we are just in an apartment + its not officially ours, its still my home. It's where my family gathers together. It's where the spirit dwells. Being home makes me happy.

4. Waking Up To A Clean House. It is so nice to wake up to a clean living room + kitchen. The bedrooms + bathrooms don't count. But walking out into a clean living room makes me smile. Then walking into a clean kitchen to make breakfast makes me sing. Singing=Happy

5. Walking. Being outside in the fresh air, getting my heart pounding, even breaking a sweat makes me so very, very happy. It's my relaxing time. The time I clear my head. It's my happy time.

6. New Socks. There is nothing like putting a brand new pair of socks on. It is true bliss. *Sigh*

7. Slushy Dr. Pepper. Okay, so this shouldn't make me happy because I'm trying to quit drinking it, but dang - there is nothing like a slushy Dr. Pepper on a hot summer day. Definitely brings a happy smile to my face.

8. My Pants Fitting Looser. No explanation needed here. I usually do a little jig. And I only jig when I'm happy.

9. Scrapbooking. I love scrapping. I love the process of telling my story, my husband's story, and my children's stories. I love the finished layout. I love being able to look back over the years + see all the amazing adventures + wonderful, ordinary days of our lives. Scrapbooking makes me happy.

10. Taking A Nap. Doesn't happen very often...if ever, but when it does I know I fall asleep with a smile on my face. And I wake up so much happier.

No comments: