Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Carving Pumpkins.



We decided to carve pumpkins this year. This is the first time we have done so. Mainly because the kids weren't old enought to care, so we didn't worry about. This year was different. Once the pumpkins were being sold at the store, Tayliah wanted to buy some + carve them.

We gathered around the table last night. Daniel was in charge of cutting a hole, we were all going to clean them out, + then Daniel +  I would do the carving.





Once Daniel opened the pumpkin + the smell + goob started coming out we lost the kids. Tayliah + Danoson wanted no part in it. It was gross, digusting, + it smelled weird.

I love having a daughter who is more then willing to take a pictue when I want to be in one.
And she really does love having the camera. I totally love that.

Taken by Tayliah.

Once all the "gross + digusting" part was done, the kids came back over + helped pick out what they wanted on their pumpkins. I carved Tayliah's pumpkin + Daniel carved Danoson's pumpkin. And they they left again. So much for quality family time...lol.



It has been a few years since I've carved pumpkins. And it was fun. Daniel + I (at least) had a good time carving pumpkins. Here is the end result. Pretty good for the fact we haven't done this in a long, long time.

Danoson's pumpkin is the ghost.
Tayliah's pumpkin is the "scary, sharp teeth face".

No comments: