This year I have decided to participate in something going on in the scrapbooking world: December Daily. To sum it up, its capturing + recording stories, moments, + life from December 1st till December 25. Pictures + a special story everyday.
Why December + why December Daily? Because December is a magical month. There is so much joy + happiness leading up to Christmas. There is so much going on in December from decorating, making gingerbread houses, sledding, + putting up the Christmas tree. From jolly music to the wonderful smells of wrapping paper + tape. You just can't go wrong in December. And I want to make myself slow down + enjoy this wonderful season. To make myself take notice of the small details. To capture. To record.
I have been thinking of how I was going to do my December Daily. Of course it will be done digitally + I will be doing an 8x8 book. I decided instead of doing a scrapbook album (where I print off the layouts + stick them in page protectors), I will have my layouts printed out into an actually book. Then this book + the ones in the following years, will be packed away with the Christmas decorations + brought out year, after year at Christmas time.
I am excited for this project. I want to plan fun activities (and hopefully turn those into traditions) to celebrate this joyful month + all that Christmas brings.
So here is to my first year of December Daily + all the goodness of capturing life + creating memories.
2 comments:
I love this idea! I think if I can get the motivation I'm going to copy this idea and do it for my fam!
You should totally do it! It doesn't have to be a huge thing either. My first day is just about opening Christmas bins...lol. But that works!
Post a Comment