Friday, November 19, 2010

My Friday Four.

Sorry, I have shorten the list today. Just for today.

1. Being Sick. Since Tuesday, my husband has been sick. Fevers, chills, sweats, + a swollen left jaw until the swelling literally moved down to under his chin (Thursday) + today is moving down this throat. I didn't know swelling moved. It does. Its a bit weird. The doctors have no idea what is wrong with him. He can't eat + hasn't since Monday. They gave him a shot + a prescription for amoxicillin on Wednesday. He received a blessing last night. I trust the Lord will help him get over what ever this is as long as he does his part to stay strong + do what the doctors said. (Take your medicine, stay in bed + don't do anything.) I hope he gets better soon.

2. Bags of Cereal. When your one year old walks by you with no shirt on + a bag a cereal, don't just smile back at her + think nothing of it. The older siblings probably have something planned.


3. Dr. Pepper. As of today I have been Dr. Pepper free for 6 days. And I want to personally thank a friend of mine for that. At the beginning of the week, she posted on her blog, her weeks goals. One of them for her was no Coke. So because of her, I too chose to not drink Dr. Pepper as one of my goals. And I have been strong. Sure I ate a Hersey bar when I really wanted a Dr. Pepper. But I haven't had a Dr. Pepper. And that was my goal. Thank you Cherry. You are amazing.

4. Thanksgiving Menu. I'm starting to start thinking about Thanksgiving Dinner. I have a list of what food I'm going to make: 
*Turkey. I bought a roaster just for it. Last year was a total disaster. Too small oven, not enough time. It sucked. This year, I'm on top of things. *Homemade Rolls. Thanks to my wonderful Aunt Cindy for this awesome recipe. *Broccoli + Cheese Rice Casserole. This is a Johnson Family Tradition. So yummy. My favorite part. *Sweet Potatoes. My brother is in charge of these. He says he has the best recipe from a lady where he served his mission. I don't know if he can beat my Aunt Cindy's recipe though. *Angel Salad. AKA: Fruit Cocktail. So freaken good. *Stuffing. Most likely one of the box. Lazy, I know. *Holiday Only Mashed Potatoes. New recipe I found. And the reason its Holiday Only is because its so fattening.
*Pies. I will make 2 pumpkin pies, 1 blueberry banana cream pie, + try a new one: pumpkin cream pie.

                                                                           I'm hungry.

No comments: