Monday, January 17, 2011

Escape Your Shape.

Be prepared: Lots of words + no pictures. Its a good read though..lol

I'm in a bit of a rut. I'm walking 4 miles a day + eating good. (Not strict diet healthy, but I did cut sugars out of my diet + watching my calories.) The weight has stopped coming off. I'm not gaining it, but its not coming off. I want to lose 5 more pounds.

I realized I need to add some strength training into my workouts. I only have a few more pounds to lose, but would also like to lose a few more inches in a couple areas....thighs, hips, arms, waist...okay, so maybe more then a couple areas, but still. I was talking to my sister about "weight loss" (which we pretty much do everyday...lol). And I was talking about adding some strength training to my workouts. She suggest I read Escape Your Shape by Edward Jackowski. So I did.

I have to admit, I did like what I read. He pretty much breaks people down into 4 different body types (hourglass, spoon, cone, + ruler). And depending on your body type, he outlines a workout for you. He says: "It is no secret that we are not all built the same, so how could we all possibly exercise the same way to look great? We can't. One size does not fill all. No one exercise program works for everyone."
For me, I am an hourglass shape. There are some exercises I should do + some I need to stay completely away from. For my shape, adding speed is better then adding inclines/resistance.

I started Saturday with this workout program. All it calls for - with my hourglass workout - is a jump rope, a 4 pound bar, + a treadmill (you can also use a stationary bike or even march in place.) I do like it. It gets my heart rate up while making me push myself.

I was going to start doing Yoga Meltdown again on the days I don't do my E.Y.S. (escape your shape) workout, but I really want to see how this one works. So I will still be walking my 4 miles everyday to Glacier National Park. The E.Y.S. workout is my strength training, which I'll do every other day.

I'm excited to try this out. I am hoping to see results. I took pictures + measurements Saturday. I will weigh myself every Saturday + do my measurements on the 15th of every month. So here is to something new + hopefully something that will melt some inches off of me. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Tersa said...

Good Luck! I'm excited to hear about the results, (especially now that I have baby weight to lose) so be sure to keep me updated.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tersa! I will definitly be updating on this. And btw, congratulations on that new baby girl. She is beautiful!

Kathryn said...

Tori, my sister lost a good amount of weight by jumping rope and walking on the treadmill. She still does it to this day!