Friday, February 11, 2011

My Friday Five.

1. Hoodies. Today, I realized, every one of us is wearing a hoodie. Except Dano, because he is working. Silly little observation of mine. I have an AE hoodie on, Tayliah has a Nintendo hoodie on, Danoson has a Spongebob hoodie on (that I got for $1 @ Wal-Mart...go me!), + Tearyn has a Minnesota Vikings hoodie on.


2. A Clean home. My calling is Enrichment Committee Board Member (or something like that). We had a meeting today at my house. Which because of that, made me clean it all up. Every room in my house was cleaned before the meeting. It was really, really nice waking up this morning to organization + cleanness. It was awesome. I wish I was motivated every night to completely clean my house. *Sigh*

3. No Sugar February.....is no more. Honestly, I don't know why I told Dano I would do this with him. I don't think he lasted 3 days. And this is hard to do by yourself. I lasted at least a week + then thought: "You know, there is nothing wrong with having a little treat every now + then. As long as it isn't an everyday thing, I can have a cookie." So I did. I still shy away from a lot of sugary things. And most days are "No Sugar February", but it is a nice to have a little something-something every once + a while.


4. Maid or Cook. If someone came up to me + said: "You won a free slave. You can either choose to have a maid or a cook for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?" This is a toughie, but I would probably choose a cook. To be honest, I really don't mind cleaning. I don't mind cooking either, but I would rather clean then cook. So I choose a cook. As long of they did 3 meals a day + it was healthy. Leave a comment + tell me what you would choose.

5. No Summer Vacation. At least in June or July. Daniel found out today at work that he (or any of the higher ups at Wal-Mart) can not take time off in June or July because they are remodeling the store. Which means that the days he got off already so we can go visit family (which was 1.5 weeks at the beginning of July) is no more. He can't go anywhere during this time. Kind of totally ruins our plans. Maybe we can vacation in August before Tayliah starts kindergarten.


Happy Friday.

6 comments:

Charlie and Michelle Cordova said...

I'm with you. I would pick the cook. If I don't clean for a day, nothing much really happens except my house is a little dirty. If I don't cook for a day, we either eat out, which really adds up, or we don't eat.
And if you were planning on going to Lovell during that time, I would be happy to drive up there with you so at least you can still have a vacation :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle! Most likely we will go there in the beginning of August (if we aren't living somewhere else that is....)

Pedersen Posse said...

I too think I would pick a cook. I'm so paranoid about people seeing my dirty house. I'd just clean before the maid came.

Unknown said...

LOL! I am the exact same way! I don't know if this happens to you, but I swear when my house is perfectly clean, nobody comes to my house. But the one day I don't do anything + my house is trashed, someone stops by.

Kathryn said...

Yep, a cook! We are all thinking along the same lines I am feeling! Living somewhere else... what! You planning on a relocation???

Unknown said...

Yes, we are trying. We are really looking to head up to Billings, MT. Dano can get this Masters there + we both like the area. Who knows...we will see :)