FYI: Long post of my rambling. Just to let you know.
I weighed myself today. Not a smart thing to do. How do I put this....I've gained weight. Yes, you heard me right. I've gained weight. This has led to so much going though my brain right now. Also because my measurements weren't close to where I wished them to be. So it is making me think about the Escape Your Shape workout.
Does it work? Yes. I have lost some weight + I can see parts of me toning up.
Did it give me the results I wanted? No. Which made me really think: What results did I want?
It has only been a month since I started this workout. I'm going to give it 6 weeks before I make a final opinion. In talking to Daniel about this, he asked me a question: What are you looking for? Don't your clothes fit good? Doesn't that count?
I hate when he is right. I am proud of myself. I am in size 4 pants. Never before have I been in size 4 pants. My clothes do look good. So what am I wanting? To weigh a certain amount. I have a goal in mind. To have certain measurements. I have some numbers in my head.
I just need to keep telling myself: it takes time.
I am a mother of 3 beautiful, healthy children. Carrying + delivering these kids has changed my body. What I think I should look like, might not be possible anymore. I don't have a lot of "me" time. But what are these excuses doing for my shape? Nothing. No point in talking about them.
So I am still going to keep doing what I'm doing. I'm going to strive to be a bit stronger + work a bit harder. I'm going to try + eat better ( This is holding me back more then anything.) I can do this.
Maybe I shouldn't make it about numbers on the scale.
Sorry for my ramblings. Sometimes I just need to clear my head.
2 comments:
You look great! Doesn't that count for something? Whatever you are doing is working. I've given up on numbers. (This comes from someone who has never been a size 4... so take it with a grain of salt) Maybe I'll feel differently when I'm done having kids... but as long as I feel good, that's what counts... at least in my book.
Thanks Angie! You are so right. I do need to get "numbers" out of my head + just feel good for what I've accomplished so far. I'm just messed up in the head...lol.
Post a Comment