Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy 4th of July.

I was going to go in order of our activities from the past week. But just for today, I'm skipping ahead till June 30. On this day, we headed to Salt Lake City to pick up my brother from the airport. For the past year my brother -  Jim D - was stationed in South Korea because he is a solider serving in the U.S. Army.


      Because of men, like him, + women - we live in a free country.



 Because he is willing to serve his country, because he is willing to protect his country - even with his own life - we live in a free country.


My family who supports Jim D + all the troops.

 To him + all those who serve along side him, in other states + other countries, I want to say thank you.

"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me."

God Bless America. Happy 4th of July.

No comments: