I have decided that it was time to potty train Tearyn. Mainly because I'm tired of buying diapers + having to change diapers...lol. So I let her pick out some cute underwear + the training began.
I started potty training her on Monday. She went though 8 pairs of underwear that day. Our timing was off + it wasn't working. She spent a lot of time sitting on the kid potty (in the living room) reading books by the heater:
By night, I was tired + just really wanted her to pee one time in the potty. So I gave her lots of pink lemonade + sat her on a kid toilet in front of the TV + turned on Spongebob. She sat there for 45 minutes + nothing happened. She literally got up for 5 seconds + walked into the kitchen where she started to pee. So I ran in there, grabbed her, + put her back on the kid toilet. She finished her business in that. We danced + cheered + that is when it clicked with her.
Tuesday was a lot better. She only had two accidents. Things are looking up....lol.
Today she had no accidents. In fact when she had to go to the bathroom she just went + sat on her potty herself. Made me way, way happy. And to top it off - tonight she came from the playing in the bedroom, into the living room, sat on her toilet + went #2!!! Now that totally made my day! I was afraid when it came to #2, she would go hide to do her business. She has made me a happy momma.
Out of my three, she is the youngest to be potty trained + the easiest. Now I'm sure she will still have accidents every now + then, but she is off to a good start.

2 comments:
Yay! I can't wait to reach the no diaper stage. I still have a while to go though. Double duty stinks (literally and figuratively)!
Congrats! Potty Training has been a rough spot in my parenting career! :)
Post a Comment