My baby girl finally made her appearance. I woke up Wednesday morning at 3:30 because of a contraction. It wasn't anything that I hadn't been feeling on + off for the past few weeks so I didn't think much of it. And lately when I get woken up, it takes me a couple hours to go back to sleep. So I got up + got on the computer to scrapbook. After about 30 - 45 minutes I realized that the contractions where coming in regularly. So I started timing them. They were coming in about every 10 minutes for 30 seconds. Not too close or intense. Then about 5:30 they had gotten close together - about every 5 - 7 minutes + had gotten longer + more intense. So I called the hospital. The nurse told me to grab my bags + come in.
I first laid out clothes for my three oldest for the day to help my mom out. Then Daniel + I headed to the hospital + got there just after 6 a.m. (Just a little background info: at my Monday appointment I was only dilated to a 3.) Changed into the wonderful hospital gowns...lol + the nurse checked to see my progression. I was 7 cm dilated. I asked for my epidural. The contractions were getting really close + very intense. And if I waited any longer, there was no way I would be able to get one.
I got settled into a delivery room. Everyone was rushing around getting me ready to have this baby because it was going to be sooner then later.
![]() |
| I love me a good epidural. |
Next was just the waiting till I felt the urge to push. The epidural pretty much knocked out any feeling I had. And I was so very, very sleepy. But will everyone coming + going I didn't get much sleep.
Around 8:30 my doctor comes back in to check on me. I was fully dilated + everything was ready. Trinity still hadn't made her way down yet + was still actually high up. He asked me to do some light pushing + it helped start her way down + out.
I actually started real, "let's push this baby out" pushing at 8:50. And she got to the same point where my other children got before they got stuck + wouldn't come out. When she got to the point + I had tried pushing a couple good times, Daniel told my doctor this was pretty much at the same time I had to get cut with my previous three. He asked me to push hard one last time but there was no way she was fitting. So he cut me a little bit + one little push shot her out...as well as a wave of amniotic fluid that splashed over everyone down there. So her middle name fits her perfectly because she showered everyone...twice, on her way out.
Introducing: Trinity Reighn Anderson.
Born January 30, 2013 at 9:09 a.m.
Weight: 8 pounds 9 ounces
Length: 20.5 inches long.
She is my biggest baby by 2 pounds + 1.5 inches. And boy does she have a good set of lungs on her! She let everyone know she had come into the world.
I was able to hold her right after she was born while they scrubbed her down a bit. She needed some suctioning done, so they took her over to the baby warmer to weigh her + finish cleaning her off better. They literally do everything in the room, even her first bath.
After they cleaned her up, cleaned me up, + cleaned up the room my mom brought my kids to the hospital to meet their new sister.
And now, here are pictures of my new baby girl:
![]() |
| She has the roundest, chubbiest face ever! And her head is so nicely round too. |
We were able to go home today around noon. I loved only having to stay one night in the hospital.
![]() |
| Going home. |
And now we are all happily at home. Together as a family.
















4 comments:
Congrats! I'm so glad everyting went well for you delivery and I hope you get back on your feet fast.
Ah!! Congrats Tori!! That's so exciting! Hopefully one day we'll all be able to get together again.
Tori, she's gorgeous! And I love her name. Trinity seems to look a little like all your babies, but she's definitely her own beautiful self. I'm so happy she arrived safe and sound! Rest up, beautiful mama!
She is one healthy looking little lady and knew when she wanted to come didn't she! I still can't believe how well you hid her... all 8lb 9oz. She just looks so beautiful and lovable. Love me a chubby bub! Give her a squeeze from me. I seem to think she looked like Daniel in those first brand new photos, but I love that head full of hair!
Post a Comment