Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Project Life + One Little Word.

I made a slight goal for my Project Life 2013. On the first day of each month, I am going to take a picture of myself. Yes, that does sound a bit vain. Then the next week, maybe around the 7th of each month I will take a picture of all the kids together. As for my hubby, I'm not sure he will be on board with me taking a picture once a month like this for him. BUT if he is down with it, the following week around the 14th will be his day. Or if he isn't really down with it maybe I can get him to join my self-portrait every now + then  :)

My plan is to at least look cute on the first of every month no matter what because that is when I'll be taking my self portrait...lol.  But right now I have a nasty sinus infection that has seriously knocked me on my butt. So my picture for the first of Jan looks like this:


Not exactly drop dead gorgeous with my hair in a pony + no make-up, but this is me. And I personally love it.

Now for my plan for Project Life:
The plan is to keep up on a daily basis. It won't be too hard - all I have to do is enter a picture + a bit of journaling everyday. Takes 10 minutes tops. I'm tracking my weeks from Monday - Sunday, so I am going to try + share my previous weeks pages every Monday. Might be a Tuesday every now + then, but my goal is sharing on Monday.

As for my One Little Word: Grow.
I showed some serious will power yesterday by not having a Dr. Pepper. I have been really good + not drinking a lot of it, but on a normal, not a "New Year basis", yesterday would have been the type of day I would have drank one. But I took a deep breath + told myself No. And I am very proud of myself.

See - something small + it works for my "New Years Resolution". And it works for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got me with your weakness with Dr. Pepper. I have a serious weakness! Coke, Sprite, Root Beer won't due. It has to be a Dr. Pepper. I am trying Project Life this year too. So far, 4 days in to 2013 and I am already behind. ;-)

Unknown said...

Exactly! It has to be a Dr. Pepper or nothing. Hmmm...that stuff is yummy...lol :) Good luck with your Project Life! Are you doing it traditionally or digitally?