Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Trinity. Week One.

I can't believe it has already been a week since this precious girl came into my life. I am truly blessed. Trinity is a wonderful baby. She wakes up every morning between 7 - 8 a.m. She will stay awake for about 1 hour before taking a nap. This morning nap will usually last about 2 hours. Then she will wake up for about 1 - 1.5 hours for lunch. Her big nap is early afternoon. She will usually sleep for about 3 hours. Then she is awake again in time for Tayliah to get home in the afternoon at 3. She stays awake again for about 1 before another nap sets in. She will usually have one more "awake" time after dinner before she settles in for the night around 7 p.m. At night she is right on schedule, waking me up by grunting every 2 - 2.5 hours. She eats + falls right back to sleep. So yes, it has been a wonderful first week with this beautiful baby girl. She does eat more often then my other three did - every two hours. But she is a bigger baby by over 2 pounds then the other three were at this age.

Trinity is a very content baby. This morning I heard hiccuping through the monitor. That is how I knew she was awake. Not a fan of getting her clothes changed because she does not like being cold. She is in size one diapers. I don't know her actual weight right now, but I will know tomorrow. She is a very, very good eater. I'm pretty sure she is back up (or even past) her birthweight. She smiles a lot when she sleeps. We got it on video but not with my still camera yet. When she is awake, she is very alert. I love just sitting + talking to her.


Trinity has a close bond with her father. From the very beginning, I noticed that. You can tell she loves him so very, very much. I love watching him hold + talk to her.




As for me, I'm healing up quite nicely + quickly. I can't wait to be able to start working out again. I miss that the most. Each day has been less soreness + less tenderness. It has been weird not having the big belly sticking out. I finally packed up my maternity clothes today. Probably for the last time.

2 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

I love the color photo of Trinity. She's a gorgeous baby Tori. You did good.

I'm so jealous that you can pack up maternity clothes that soon after a baby. I'm stuck wearing them for weeks to months afterwards (depending on which kid you are talking about).

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Angie! Reading your kind words really made my day :)