It wasn't something that was really published, but yes, we did move to Santa Fe, NM. We will be here for 6 months before having to move again. But that is okay. Unless we really, really fall in love with Santa Fe then that will really suck. So far we do like (maybe even love) Santa Fe. We haven't really been anywhere besides around our apartment, but the shopping is enough to keep me happy...lol. We loaded up the U-Haul on Friday, July 26th.
 |
| Not very pretty packed in the back, but the front looked awesome and snug. |
We stayed our last night in Sheridan Friday night so we could get an early start the next morning.
 |
| Night one of six in a hotel. |
The drive to Santa Fe is over 800 miles + takes 12 hours....for normal people. In-between only able to go 55-60 in the U-Haul, potty breaks, changing diapers, nursing stops, filling up the gas guzzling U-Haul + random breaks the 12 hours turned into a 16 hour trip, broke up over two days.
Saturday, July 27th was the
LONGEST.DAY.EVER. We left Sheridan that morning + drove to Pueblo, CO. It was only supposed to be 8 hours. 11 hours later we made it.
 |
| Night two of six in a hotel. |
And I have to give all my kids credit, they were all rock stars. I was really happy how they handled the trip. I think I complained more then they did...lol.
We made it to Santa Fe on Sunday, July 28th. We checked into our hotel + then went to look around. Not very far or long because we really didn't want to be in a vehicle.
This is where we spent the next three days + four nights because our apartment didn't open up till August 1st. So we swam.
Everyday. And made a new friend from Canada.
 |
| Bought lifejackets for Danoson + Tearyn so they could swim without me in the pool. He loved it! Her, not so much. |
 |
| Tayliah chose a kickboard to play with + to become a stronger swimmer. |
 |
| Tearyn was happy blowing bubbles into the pool. |
 |
| Tayliah's new trick. She is so proud of herself. |
For our sixth + last night in a hotel, we celebrated with Sonic Shakes. I had the Oreo Cheesecake. Yum!
I'll be posting more pictures of our trip later. I drove the van behind the U-Haul. And I took pictures every half hour to hour of the different places + landscapes we drove through. Really fun to look at.
No comments:
Post a Comment