Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Camping Trip.


I wish I could say I'm glad to be home, but to be honest, a few more days camping would have been heaven. It was so much fun to be camping with my family. The weather wasn't very good. It was cold, the wind blew, + it rained on + off. Never a downpour luckily. The sun finally came out on Monday, so we had a bit of sunlight for at least one day. But besides the cold weather, it was an amazing time. And I have tons of pictures + funny stories to prove it. So this is going to be a long one...

This is the lake we camped near. I would tell the name of it, but its a secret. I would have to kill you if I told you, so we will leave it at that.  :)

My daughter totally loves her Pa-Paw. She even mentioned that a few times as we are sitting around the campfire. She would always go sit in his lap + then say "I sure do love my Pa-Paw." When we would go fishing, Tayliah would go with her Pa-Paw. She would talk non-stop the entire time to Pa-Paw, even singing a made up song here + there. And I know he loved that...lol. He taught her to say "Here fishy, fishy. I don't want to hurt you. I just want to eat you."

So Daniel catches this fish at the same time my dad catches a fish.

Compared to the fish my dad caught - Daniel's fish could have been used as bait. See the picture: my dad's fish is eating my hubby's fish. My dad was totally loving this. It was pretty funny.

Some of the time we had to spend in the trailer because it was a bit too cold for Tearyn + Tanner (more on him later). When I was growing up, we camped in tents. In this day in age, we camp in a trailer. Now don't get me wrong, tent camping rocks. I love sleeping in a tent. But with a baby + it being cold, that trailer was pretty sweet.

Danoson playing in the trailer. He was really shy at first...lol.

Tayliah watching Uncle Sam stack dominos.

This is Tanner. He is my parent's big, fat, but TOTALLY awesome lab. He is a pampered house dog + is the best dog in the world. And he slept at the foot of my bed the entire time we were camping. In this picture he was trying to eat Danoson's starburst.

Nobody has had good camp food until they have tried my dad's dutch oven cooking. Delicious. Guadeloupe Chili Pie, Chicken and Rice, + Peach Cobbler are a few choice recipes. It doesn't get any better then this.

Tearyn had fun being outside, always being held, + wrapped up. Even if it was cold, I really don't think she cared. What a happy baby girl. She sure does love her Grandma + Pa-Paw + being with family.

Danoson helping Dad reel in a fish.

We were able to keep a campfire going the entire time. Made Daniel happy.

 I used to think "trailer camping" wasn't really camping, but to be honest - it was perfect + yes it really is camping...with a warm bed.

Self taken picture of Daniel + I at the lake.

"Mom, I like worms. They are cute." - Tayliah.

She even went as far as to give them some grass for a pillow + blanket. Let's just say she wasn't very happy when Pa-Paw wanted to fish with the worms. I guess she just thought Pa-Paw liked to carry the worms around with him. After the first time Pa-Paw put a worm on the hook she wouldn't give him another one. She told him "No, the worms are sad + scared". He had to explain that the worms were happy when they got to go fishing + they just waited on the hook till the fish came up, then hooked the fish + got away. Its the only way she would let him use the worms. And I don't think she was very happy about it still.

My mom wasn't able to stay the entire time, but came fishing when she was there  :)

A fish Danoson "helped" Pa-Paw reel in.

Fishing. Totally loving the time together.

The Anderson Family. - if only Danoson's eyes were open.

Beautiful baby.


Loved spending a lot of time with his dad.

Danoson is sitting quietly because he is about to fall asleep.

Tanner puts his paw in the pan to keep it from moving. Smart puppy.

On Saturday, it was my little brother Jed's birthday. So my parents made him a cake in the dutch oven + my other little brother Sam, decorated it. Well, we left it on the table in the trailer + at some point my children were in the trailer by themselves for a few minutes. This is what I found after realizing this. Danoson ate the left side + Tayliah was eating off the right side. Everyone had a good laugh.

What is camping without a few s'mores.

Helping Dad collect firewood.

Tayliah helped collect firewood after I took a picture of Danoson. She wanted hers taken too.

Grandma's YUMMY homemade pancakes for breakfast. We also had eggs + bacon.

Helping Pa-Paw fish. See the feather in Tayliah's hand? Its actually an eagle feather she found near the lake. There is a couple of eagles that live near the pond. Well, sometime after finding it my dad walks over to me + tells me to ask Tayliah what kind of bird she is. So I call her over + this is our conversation:

Me: "Tayliah, what kind of bird are you?"
Tayliah: "I'm a kookoo bird!"
Me: "A kookoo bird?!?!"
Tayliah: "Yah, Pa-Paw said I was a kookoo bird"
Me: "Ohhhh....that explains it."
Pa-Paw: "Haaahaaaahaahaaaa"
Good one dad.

Danoson didn't play in the water as much as he did last year, but he still managed to get his shoes soaking wet every day. We will definitely be investing in rubber boots before we go camping again.

(Side note: Ever since last year, Tayliah says "Pa-Paw catches the big fish + Daddy catches the baby fish". Keep this in mind as you read on.)
This was  one of the biggest fish Daniel caught all weekend. Daniel, Me, Tearyn, Danoson, + Sam were fishing at this place + the rest of the family were down a bit further. When Daniel caught this fish, he yelled out to my dad, "Look at this big fish I caught." My dad told us later that when Daniel yelled that, Tayliah (who was with my dad) turns to him + says "Pa-Paw, Daddy caught your fish". LOL - totally made my dad's day. Still makes me laugh as I type.

Not only does Tayliah reel in the fish, she also releases them. Usually she puts them right back into the water. This time, it caught a little air.

So thank you Dad + Mom for a wonderful time. I know every one had an amazing time camping + fishing. It was the greatest spending time with ya'll. Love you both so very, very much.


1 comment:

Tersa said...

Sounds like an awesome vacation! No wonder you didn't want to come back.