Day six in Lovell was Saturday, June 26th. And it was a busy day. There was the Rose Parade @ 11:00. Grandmeg was in the parade with the Mustang Band + Mykel was in the parade because the girls won State Track this year. I have to admit, it was the longest Rose Parade. There was quite a few gaps + waiting periods. Not that my kids cared - we were right by the fountain, so they would just go entertain themselves with the water till the floats started coming by again. And you could tell it is an election year - 2/3rds of the "floats" in the parade were for those running for some office. I decided instead of having this long list of pictures from the parade, I just did a quick grid page for my oldest two of their parade pictures. (Tearyn wasn't really into the parade...lol.)
Tayliah was all about the candy. She was pouting a bit at first, but came out of it + really had some fun. She loved the horses again this year. That's my girl!
Danoson was really into the water fountain + would usually only go over to the street when candy was on the ground. The best part was when "Goofy" walked by - Danoson grabbed his hand + wouldn't let go...lol. He also really liked the animals.
After the parade was the volleyball tournament. I was actually asked to play this year! My first year ever to be asked. It was a family team. We didn't do to good, but it was fun. I have to admit, I was way, way nervous. I've never played volleyball in a tournament before + I was so scared to be slammed in the face + that I would totally suck. I didn't get slammed in the face but I can't say I didn't totally suck. I have a lot to work on...lol. Luckily for me, Tearyn slept the entire time I played (she had a good 2 hour nap!) + my other 2 played at the park + at the kiddie pool where the volleyball tournament was held.
And to top off the busy + fun day, there was the fireworks display at Horseshoe Bend. I was a bit worried on how Tearyn would react to the noise, but she just stared wide eyed at the fireworks + never got scared. Danoson kept saying "ohhhh +ahhhhh" at all the ones he liked. It really makes it enjoyable when all the kids like watching the fireworks. Good times.


1 comment:
That sounds like so, so much fun!!! I love summer and parades and the fourth of july :) Cute pics
Post a Comment