(If you are here to look at my pages for December Daily - scoll to the bottom of the post. Thanks for looking!)
I want to say thanks to my sister Josie for reminding me of this fun little tradition we used to do as kids: making reindeer candy canes. I went to Wal-Mart to get the googly eyes, brown pipe cleaners, + red poms for the nose. I found out I'm not the only person in Laramie with this same tradition. I found the googly eyes, the only pipe cleaners that were brown also came with red, green, ivory, + light brown, + for the poms, there wasn't one package of red poms anywhere. I ended up with sparkly red, blue, green, yellow, white, + purple poms.
Our reindeer candy canes turned out so colorful. It was awesome! The kids loved being able to make them.
Danoson, when he wasn't trying to eat the candy cane, put his eyes + the nose where ever he pleased. We have mutant reindeer from him. And he kept trying to stick the poms in his ear.
Tearyn just sat on the table, drank coco + dumped the pipe cleaners everywhere.
It was fun to start this tradition with my own kids. And our circus reindeer turned out so perfect. It was awesome! I can't wait to put them on the tree.
Here are the layouts from yesterday, I did for my December Daily 2010 book:
![]() |
| Left Side. |
![]() |
| Right Side. |
Merry Christmas!













No comments:
Post a Comment