Monday, August 15, 2011

School Shopping.

Saturday we headed to Billings to get Tayliah's kindergarten school shopping done. We needed to get her new clothes + supplies. Lucky for me, I was kept company by my kids, my Mom, my siblings: Josie, Anna, Jed, Sam, + my niece Sarah. Anna, Jed, Sam, + Tayliah all had to get clothes today.

It was such a wonderfully fun day. We left Sheridan around 7:30 am. Got to Billings + ate breakfast at IHOP. Then it was time for the fun to begin.

All the stores we hit were: Old Navy, Cabelas, Herburgers, Amercian Eagle (returns only there), Aeropostale, Victoria Secret, Maurices, Wal-Mart (duh....lol) + Target.

We shopped from 10:30 am till 7:30 pm. It was a long, long day. But I really enjoyed every minute of it. I regret not carrying my camera with me to record the day's events. Here are a few highlights:

1. IHOP: Delicious. Josie + I had the garden omelet - which we both asked for no mushrooms + added sausage. Totally need to try this if you are ever there.

2. Old Navy: The receipt for this place was easily 7 feet long. Not kidding. This is where everyone but Anna got the majority of clothes. And there were sooo many grasshoppers outside the door + all over the windows. It was freaken crazy! Tayliah opened her hands when we were getting into the van + literally 8 huge grasshoppers she had caught flew out of them. Here are a few of the things she got there:


This one has a hood. She picked this our herself. Man, she had good taste.

This was my choice. But she really likes it too.


3. Cabelas: On the way into Billings, my dad called my mom + told her to stop by Cabelas. He wanted Tayliah to pick out something for school from her Pa-Paw. But it could only be from Cabelas....lol. She got an awesome thick hoodie. Thanks Pa-Paw. She loves it, looks beautiful in the hoodie + can't wait to wear it!


4. American Eagle: I just had some returns. Didn't stay around to look for anything. It was super freaken busy + I had the double stroller with 2 sleeping kids. I think I only ran over 3 people.

5. Aeropostale - They were having a sale on jeans: buy one, get one free. Anna grabbed some jeans + headed over to the fitting rooms. After 15 mins of waiting + no end in sight of the long fitting room lines, we just left.

6. Victoria Secret: No lingerie today (sorry babe), but I did get some perfume that I used to wear a long, long time ago: Heavenly. And *sigh* it is quite heavenly.

7. Herburgers: Picked up a couple more shirts + a skirt for Tayliah here as well as a few long sleeve shirts for Danoson this winter. Awesome sale going on there.

I still need to get tights to go under this skirt for her.
8. Maurices: I think we spent the most time (and money) here. (Thank goodness for 20% off + a couple full take ten cards.) Anna went to town with trying on new clothes + ended up with some amazing clothes that look HOT on her. I'm sooo excited for her to get to wear them to school + to show off her new figure. While waiting here, I got the kids some pretzel bites + blue icies to keep them happy. It was perfect. And my mom also let me get some new clothes as an early birthday present. Thank you so very much Mom! I can't wait to get to wear them (I'll post pictures later of these)  :)

9. Wendys: Ate here for a late lunch/early dinner. Took up 3 tables. This is where the tears started coming because the day was coming to an end + the goodbyes were getting closer to happening. Yes, we are sissies....lol.

9. Wal-Mart: This is where I got all of Tayliah's school supplies except her backpack. She didn't like any of them here. And in the parking lot is where we had to say goodbye to every one. I bet people thought we were crazy because there was a group of 10 adults/children all crying + hugging. That was probably one of the hardest goodbyes I've ever had to deal with. I hated it. This is when everyone else left Billings.

I forgot her lunch box in this picture, but it is in a picture later in the post.
10. Target: The kids + I headed to Target to find a backpack for Tayliah. I have to admit it was weird that is was just me + the kids. It felt like someone was missing. Tayliah found her backpack here. Totally surprised me on the one she picked, but she absolutely loves it! So that makes me happy.


As for the end results of shopping in Billings, here ya go:

All of Tayliah's school clothes.

 
Lots of stripes.


I actually still need to get shoes for her, those in the picture are her gym schools which stay at the school.
I really can't put into words how wonderful today was. And I can't put into words how thankful I am for my family. For the love. For the support. For everything. I am so truly blessed.

Thank you Mom for an amazing day. For everything you did for me + my family. For your generosity + love. Thank you Dad for making Tayliah feel loved + so very special by letting her pick out a hoodie from Cabelas. Thank you Josie + Sarah from being able to come + play, even if it was just for a short time. Thank you Jed + Sam for coming to stay at my home. For the jokes, letting me make fun of you, + for all your help. And especially for being a good example to me.

And thank you Anna. For putting up with me for the past 2 months. For staying strong. For helping + loving my kids. For being you. Remember what you have accomplished + know you still can accomplish so much more. I am so proud of you. Love you sis.

3 comments:

R said...

oh I love your mom!! There are times that I think about her and she was more of a mother than my own. Give her a hug next time you see her for me!

Kathleen said...

Tayliah will be all set! Beautiful, lucky girl. By the way, Happy Birthday!...two days late :(

Unknown said...

Thanks Kathleen! And its okay your two days late....lol. It means a lot you remembered :)