Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Party Tearyn!

We celebrated Tearyn's birthday with a small family party Saturday afternoon. Tearyn had actually fallen asleep after the 5K, right before we were going to have her party. So we let her take a nap while the rest of us ate lunch + we got the party set up (aka a table + balloons...lol).


This year we did a Rio theme for her. Mainly because she loves that movie + walks around the house singing "Rio....Rio" over + over. There isn't any party decorations for Rio. So I just ended up getting a blue table cloth, blue balloons, etc to go with the theme + had a Rio cake that Wal-Mart I decorated.

This was the first time I actually bought a cake instead of making one. And it definitely won't be the last time. Made my life easier. And it looked awesome!!!

I did make the cupcakes though.
After a 2 hour nap, I just woke her up. I figured we better get the party started. I had everyone hide by the table + when I brought her out, they all yelled "Happy Birthday" + started singing the birthday song for her.

It was a little bright for her - she did just wake up after all.

This is when she saw her Rio cake.
A happy, happy girl.

It took some convincing to get her to blow out her candles. She stood there forever just glaring at the candles....lol.


She got to eat a cupcake, cake, + ice cream. It was her party after all.
After the cake + ice cream it was time to open presents. Let me say she got some AWESOME gifts! Everything was perfect + just the kind of stuff she loves.

A pretty princess crown.

She loved showing Uncle Luke all her new toys.


I missed getting her face when she opened this one - totally priceless.


This was from Aunt Kjirstyn + Uncle Luke -  just what she wanted.

Holding her new baby + baby lion.
It was an awesome party for this special little girl. She ended up getting a new baby, The Lion King movie, a doodle pad + paint, princess jewelry + camera, a princess book, three ponies, a princess crown, a baby lion (that purrs when you squeeze it), + the game "Guess What I Am".  So in other works: girly stuff that she loves + adores....lol.

Thanks to all the family who came + helped us celebrate Tearyn's birthday. It was wonderful having so many family members there.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Sounds like everything did turn out perfectly for the birthday girl. Her blue frosting smile is to die for! And so is the picture of Tearyn giving a kiss and a cuddle to her baby lion.