Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Day.

Yesterday I had an eye appointment in Billings. The plan was for the entire family to spend the day together up there. But when it came down to it, that didn't happen. It was just me that went to Billings. It was just me for 8 hours. Now I've been away from Daniel, but have the kids with me. I've had the kids, but been away from Daniel. I've been away from Daniel + the kids, but always with someone else. I have never been completely by myself for 8 hours in a very, very, very long time. Like since my single days. And it was a bit strange.

 I was able to turn up the car stereo + play the music loud, while singing (off key) at the top of my lungs. Yes, my throat hurts + I'm a bit hoarse now. And I could listen to any song I wanted + not my kid's favorite song over + over. I ate an entire bag of skittles by myself. All by myself. I didn't have to share with anyone. See, it was strange.

A two hour car drive one way. All by myself.


My eyes were dilated + I didn't have sunglasses so I go to wear this that the Dr. gave me. Stylish.

First stop after my eye appointment - my favorite place.

I bought these two canvas there. Mainly because they were half off. Oh yeah.

Next stop: Target. Another favorite place.

Bought these at Target. The "A" for Anderson + 3 because it is our favorite number.

Shopping at T.J. Maxx. I ended up buying the black + white striped shirt, a bright blue bolero, + blue canvas sneakers. Awesome.

Ate at Famous Daves. All by myself. Had the Texas Beef Brisket.
Of course I also stopped at Wal-Mart where I got the kids a little something: Tayliah + Tearyn summer dressed + Danoson an Angry Birds shirt. Tearyn actually wore hers as pjs last night. She didn't want to wear anything else. Also picked up a collar, leash, brush, + dog toy for C. (She is coming to live with us in June.)

To sum up the day it was relaxing, fun, + quiet. I enjoyed the time.

And I felt totally guilty the entire day because I was by myself.

I am also so grateful for my husband. For staying home with the kids. For letting me take a step back + spend some "me" time away. How truly blessed I am for a man like him. To let me do something like this + be totally fine + content with it. To be happy for me. Thank you Daniel. I love you.

No comments: