| Picture taken from the Plain Chicken blog post. |
Here is a link to the recipe: Skillet Lasagna. Please go check out her blog!
Here is the recipe:
8 oz bowtie pasta
1/2 lb sausage
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 (24oz) jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
In a large skillet, brown sausage and ground beef. Drain fat and return meat to skillet. Add mined garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spaghetti sauce, basil, mozzarella cheese and ricotta to the meat. Stir to combine. Add noodles and stir to coat thoroughly. Simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with additional cheese if desired.
Most boxes of pasta are 12 ounces. I only used 8 ounces like the recipe calls for because I'm the type that follows a recipe to a "T". Now I have 4 ounces of bowtie pasta sitting at the bottom of the box. And to be honest, using all 12 ounces of bowtie pasta would have been just fine. In fact, I'm going to be using the entire box next time I make this recipe.
We had garlic bread + green beans to go with this. So yummy. Try it. Tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment