Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Elementary Orchestra Begins.

Last night Tayliah + I went to her Elementary Orchestra Orientation. I meet her teacher + we were able to rent a violin for her to practice at home with. Her violin is sooo tiny! She is so excited to learn how to play. We were told she only needed to practice for 10 - 15 minutes a day. I am going to work with her on holding the violin + bow properly, her bow techniques, + start helping her read music + with rhythm exercises. (That's about all I'm good for...lol.) And if she has a solid grasp on the basics + the techniques, it will be easier + she will progress quickly. I think I'm just as excited as she is   :)



1 comment:

Pedersen Posse said...

Yay for another violist! I just posted about Syd's summer violin recital. Great minds must think alike, do alike, or something like that. :)