Friday, January 02, 2015

M4H Document Your Days And Project 52

With a strong goal to become a better photographer, I have embarked on a journey with My 4 Hens Photography called Document Your Days and Project 52. Two separate adventures organized by the amazing Sarah Cornish.

Document Your Days | M4H Instragram 365

In Sarah's words (because I can't say it any better): "This is a brand new Lifestyle Inspired Project. It is simple in nature and designed to help us better photograph our families. The only catch. You must take a photo a day (it can be of anything you want and is not theme based like our project 52) and it must be with your camera phone. These images need not be perfect, just honest and a representation of your day to day life. There also must be a blurb (even if just a sentence) or description of your day. Think of it is a diary or journal entry."

What an awesome idea, uh? Especially since I have a tendency to post at least one picture a day via Instagram. This is right up my ally and will be a big help in my Project Life 2015 pages.


M4H Project 52

Again, in Sarah's words: "I am beyond excited to begin a brand new Project 52 in the year 2015. This is our fourth year running this project, and the talent and growth I have seen is amazing. Most importantly I have had the opportunity to make some beautiful friends and watch some amazing relationships blossom. The goal of this project is to take an image a week. I do provide a theme but you are absolutely NOT obligated to follow the theme. The theme is in place to merely jump start your creativity and give you a starting point. It is entirely subjective and open to interpretation. I have said it the past three years and I will say it again. This project is about you.

Simply Put a Project 52 is an image taken for every single week of the year. It can be of absolutely anything. It can be your take on our theme, or it could be something completely relevant to your life that week. You do not have to be any one kind of photographer. Whether you chose to photograph people, your children, pets, nature, landscapes, the sky…. you are welcome here. This is a safe place for photographers in all walks of their journey. Whether you are just starting, a seasoned pro, a proud mama and her camera, an enthusiastic cat owner, a iPhoneographer… a Canon or a Nikon (Or something else entirely), please join us. There are no qualms and no pressure. This is fun and free spirited. You can absolutely leave the perfection at the door. Our goal is to grow in each other and find ourselves a bit. Our goal is to come away with 52 (or more) beautiful images for the year."

I decided to follow along with this one because of my desire to become a better photographer. Already there are sooo many beautiful pictures posted in the Flickr group page. So much inspiration and amazing people. The theme is posted every Sunday.

I'm excited for this journey. Going to join me?!?


3 comments:

Heather Prins said...

how do you have the time??!!!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA! Oh Heather - you crack me up! This is actually just taking pictures...so the only difference then what I normally do, is posting it on FB to the group. I needed something to keep me accountable to take pictures and to take better pictures.

Shannon said...

I love your blog!! So glad to "get to know you" via our 365 journey!