Saturday, January 08, 2011

Project Life: Week One: Days One - Eight

This year I have decided to do something called Project Life. It is a big thing in the scrapbooking world, like December Daily was. This project is a bit bigger + longer. The title alone describes what it is about: Life. My life. My everyday life. My children's everyday life. My husband's everyday life.

For the entire year, I will be taking one picture a day. Then I put one picture for each day of the week in an album, add a story to the picture, + move on to the next day. I am doing this traditionally instead of digitally. At the end of the year, I will have a small glimpse of the past 365 days of our life + some words to go with it. A moment every day of our life. Awesome.

My week begins on Sunday and goes through Saturday.I'm going to post my 7 pictures from the week every Saturday night. This week though, I will have 8 pictures because I started on Jan 01 + it was on a Saturday.

I am excited to do this project this year + I hope it becomes something I do every year. I hope I remember to take a picture every day of the year. How cool would that be to say: "I took a picture every day in 2011. Yeah, I rock." So here is to 2011 + rocking!


Saturday, January 01 2011: Being New Year's Day + staying up late from the night before, it was a bit of a lazy day. Nice + relaxing.

Sunday, January 02 2011: Danoson started primary today. He is a sunbeam. Tayliah was so excited that Danoson got to go with her to primary. As for her, she is in CTR 5 + got her very first CTR ring today. Tearyn still gets to hang out with mom + dad for a few more months.

Monday, January 03 2011: Tearyn was being awfully quiet, so I went to find her. She was in her room, just in a diaper, sitting on top of the Christmas tree box (which I hadn't put into our storage closet yet). She was so content + the light was awesome looking. I'm not showing it because she is just in her diaper.


Tuesday, January 04 2011: Daniel was walking through the living room after work + said "My feet really hurt." So Tayliah said, "Quit walking Dad." Hahaha. I love that.

Wednesday, January 05 2011: Just a nice time where all three were coloring + drawing at the same time.

Thursday, January 06 2011: I made dinner for a wonderful lady I visit teach that just had a heart attack + surgery. I decided to make a Chicken + Rice Soup + rolls. Well, my rolls were...my rolls. They were heavy + ugly. But they tasted good. I was a bit embarrassed for giving them to her, but I explained my lack of bread making skills + she didn't mind at all. I really need to work on making them.

Friday, January 07 2011: Happy 2nd Birthday to my nephew Dean! Tearyn playing with her dinosaur. Another moment of happiness + being content playing by herself. It is happening a lot lately.

Saturday, January 08 2011: A few days ago I put the phone in my back pocket. Which I normally never, ever do. Well, I forgot it was there + went to the bathroom + the phone fell in the toilet. The only phone Daniel + I have. Destroyed. I tried blow drying it, but that didn't help. I tried to pretend I didn't know what was wrong with the phone when Daniel got home, but he kept saying "Man, what is wrong with the phone? It is like someone dropped it in the toilet." So I told him the truth. After dealing with a phone that automatically called a person back if I missed their call, wouldn't let us see our messages, the end button wouldn't work after a call, + multiply other issues, we got a new phone. It isn't allowed in any other room of the house except the living room.
So there you go. Some moments in our Life from the first week in 2011. This is going to be a fun year.

2 comments:

Charlie and Michelle Cordova said...

Did you try putting your phone in a bag filled with rice? I've heard that works.

Unknown said...

No I didn't, but I heard that from some one else too. I think it might be a little too late now though....lol