Monday, May 23, 2011

It's Official.

I figured that only the closest of friends + family checks my blog on a regular basis, so I'm going to share our wonderful, amazing news:

Daniel got the Assistant Manager job in Sheridan!

There are so, so, so many wonderful things that will come from this! He goes to salary, which will double our income. We can start doing some major savings for a future down payment on a home + put money into a 401K. Sheridan has 1/2 day kindergarten - which I am really, really excited for. The job is over Electronics - which is Daniel's life. He will be perfect for this job! And he will enjoy it  :)

We have been praying for this job opportunity for 2 weeks now. After 2 interviews - formal + informal - we got word today that he has the job.

He has 6 weeks of training before he starts in Sheridan. The training will most likely be 2 weeks here + then 4 weeks in Colorado or Montana. We are still finding out the exact details - so we might be way, way off on this.

As for when we are moving there - it depends on when we find a place. It might be June (which is really, really soon) or not until July. But Wal-Mart pays all our moving costs - moving van, mileage, etc. We are trying to figure out a time to go up to Sheridan for a few days + look for a place to live.

We are so, so very blessed, humbled, + grateful for this opportunity. This is a big step for our family - one that we can't express in words how happy we are.

I am so thankful for the power of prayer + power of fasting. I know Heavenly Father heard every prayer we said. I know He has answered our prayers in the way that will be best for our family.  I know the spirit was there with Daniel during both interviews. I know that this new job will help our family out in so many ways. I know that this is best for our family.

I'm excited. Daniel is excited. So here's to the future!

9 comments:

Stephen said...

Congratulations guys! It's great for your family: sheridan is much better than Laramie, plus you'll be 4 hours closer! I'm excited for you!

Kathryn said...

Super exciting! So glad you are happy with the outcome and I am excited for your little family!

monkeystevens said...

YYEEEAAA! Congratulations!I'm so excited for you guys. I hope everything w/ training and moving goes well:)

Kimberly said...

That's wonderful news!! I'm so very happy for you guys and so happy you'll be closer! Congrats and all the best! :)

Harris Family said...

HOORAY!!!!!!! I'm SO happy for you guys!! But sad for us... We'll miss you guys!!

Anna said...

Ah congrats!!!! I'm excited for you. I didn't know he worked for walmart... my brother in law has a blog, www.iheartthemart.com

Kathy said...

Daniel thanks for being such a good provider, husband, father to my Tori because of your hard work she gets to stay home and be a mom to you i say thankyou and congraulations

Unknown said...

Thank you Momma - he really appreciated your kind + loving words :)

And thank you to everyone else! This is going to be fun....as long as we can find a place to live...lol

Kathleen said...

Sheridan will be lucky to have you! I'm happy that the seemingly-forever-long wait had the outcome that you wanted and needed. Congratulations!