Thursday, May 26, 2011

Update.

Since the awesome big news on Monday, we have a few more things figured out.

1. Daniel's training officially started on Saturday, May 21st even though he wasn't offered the job until Monday, May 23rd.

2. Daniel will spend 2 weeks here. One week is up tomorrow. So he only has one more week here. Then he leaves on Sunday June 5th for the rest of his training.

3. The rest of his training - which is 4 weeks - will be done in Littleton, CO.All training will be done the first weekend in July.

4. He gets to come home every weekend. He will be here Friday night then go back to Littleton Sunday afternoon.

5. We won't be moving to Sheridan until he is done with training. So we are looking at July.

I am stressing about housing, because I just worry about things like that. We don't want to spend a ton on rent - we are trying to save money. And so far, most 3 bedrooms are $900 - $1000.00 a month plus utilities. If we wanted to spend that much, we would just buy a house. I know everything will be fine + we will find a place just right for us. I'm just a weirdo + want to have something secured now. But we have over a month to really find a place. I need to calm down.

Just need to tell myself: Everything will be okay.

Because it will be   :)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

You're right, it will all work out. Oh, the irony about renting in hopes to buy someday! I daydream about the day we will be able to start serious savings toward a house, but it's true that in order to get there quicker, you have to pay the least amount of rent possible. And, in your case, when having a place of your own is within reach, you don't want to take too far a step down before taking a step up (i.e., settle for a 2-br, live in a sketchy part of town, etc.). Any family within an hour of Sheridan you could live with for awhile? Just joking. Kinda.

Hey, it might be beneficial to wait to find housing till all the flooding and threats of flooding have ended. Am I helping any? Probably not. No more commenting...on this post, anyway.

Unknown said...

Lol...you are awesome Kathleen! I love all your comments :) I'm thinking I'm am supposed to learn patience in this matter. I'm just the type to go forward + get everything planned + done. I can't not do anything...lol.

R said...

That is crazy rent prices, that is a mortgage payment!! Good luck.