Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My First Blanket.

Okay, so on Saturday I mentioned I couldn't post a picture, because it would give something away but I would mention it later. Well, this is later. My news: I made my first blanket. It was a baby blanket for my visiting teacher partner + friend, Angie. A little girl (#5) is joining their family in July. (I couldn't share anything until after I gave it to her because she reads my blog.)  Any way, another wonderful friend, Lisa, taught + helped me out on what to do. Here are  pictures I took of most of the process.

Safely pinning the blanket.


Tying the blanket.

Close up of the tying.

Lisa was way super fast on tying the blanket. Like out of the 11 rows, I did 3. Go me!


Finished blanket.


The brown side is the back side.

The lighting is kind of weird here.
It was actually really, really fun to make this blanket. I am excited to make more + learn how to make other things as well. Thank you Lisa for taking the time to help me out + to teach me  :) And congrats Angie on your almost new arrival. I wish you would still be living here in Laramie so I could meet her.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Good job, Tori! I love it! Good for you for learning new talents!

Kathleen said...

Such a beautiful blanket!

monkeystevens said...

It's beautiful!!! Awesome job :)