Saturday, May 28, 2011

Update: Part 2.

So we decided to take a quick trip to Sheridan. And I mean drive up at 5 in the morning + be home at 7 p.m. To be honest, the drive wasn't bad at all. The kids literally slept the entire way there + part of the way home.

I am go glad we went. It was nice to be able to drive around the place we are going to be calling "home". It is beautiful there + I can't wait to move there.

We were able to stop by the duplex apartment I talked about in the last post.

It is smaller then the apartment we are living in now. So there will be things going into storage if we get the place. And the front door walks into the kitchen like our old UW apartment. But it is the bottom apartment + mostly under ground. There are windows in all the rooms though. We do like the fact it is underground because it will stay cooler in the summer + warmer in the winter. We only pay electric (which all utilities are electric) like I said before + the owner covers the water. There is a washer + dryer already there. And there is no dishwasher - which is sad...lol. But for $725 a month - it is the cheapest rent for a 3 bedroom. This is a good thing.

We really liked the apartment. Very clean + well taken care of. The yard is awesome. It is out on the outskirts of town + surrounded by green, pretty pastures. In fact it is considered "out of town" + right across the street is "in-town". The owner is extremely nice. I hope we get it.

There are a few other people who have filled out an application for the apartment as well. Our issue is we can't move there until July - when Dano is done with training. And it is ready to be filled now. And someone else who turned in an application wants to move in ASAP. But she did say she would hold it for us until July if we are chosen....lol.

She is picky with who she is going to let live there + is calling all the references + landlords. And since it is a weekend + Memorial Day on Monday, we won't know until Tuesday if we are the lucky ones or not.

It would be wonderful if we got the apartment. But if we aren't chosen, we still have plenty of time.



WAHOO!!!! Sorry, I just got a phone call + we got the place!!!! Looks like I'm going to be packing up things for storage, which is good. Less stuff = less clutter. I'm loving this  :)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Tori, that was awesome reading the update and scrolling down to the last paragraph to find out the great news! Congratulations! :)!!!

Unknown said...

Lol...I swear, right before I was going to push "Publish" - to post this post - I recieved the call that we got the place. Perfect timing :)

Pedersen Posse said...

Congrats Tori! It's so nice to have a place lined up. I hope the move goes smoothly.