Tuesday, August 30, 2011

After School.

Tayliah made it home safe + sound after her first day of school. I was sooo excited to see her + see how her day went. It felt like forever waiting at the bus stop for her!....lol

There's her bus!

Wahoo! She is almost home.

There's my girl   :)


Her hair fell over the top of her headband...hehehe.
She was happy + loved school. When I asked her how it went she said "Fun." And that was all I got. I had to ask lots + lots of questions + she finally started talking about what she did. Here are a few things she said:

"I played with toys, saw my friends, colored with my teacher, + learned the letter with the 2 lines: F"

"I ate skittles + animal crackers for a snack + they are so good."

"My teacher has awesome dinosaur toys."

"There was one big boy who wasn't listening to my teacher."

"Coloring, learning, playing, + having fun. That's what I do in school."

"We line up like gymnastics."

"It was a long day."

"Well, that's it."

"Oh, the bus ride was fun. But there are so many kids on it. I ride the tiger bus, not the fish bus."

I think she is going to have a wonderful year. She is excited about all her new friends in her class. Even though she doesn't know any of their names...lol.

I'm excited because on Daniel's days off, I can go be a classroom volunteer to help out. She also will have a student teacher coming later this fall + all next semester.

I am so proud of her.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

How'd her teacher know to have dinosaur toys?! That's exciting it turned out to be a great first day! You'll probably have a lot of fun volunteering in Tayliah's classroom throughout the year. Success! :)