Friday, September 02, 2011

Tayliah's Life Before + After School.

I dont' have any more pictures (gasp, I know!) of Tayliah going to school. I do just want to do a quick  list on what her day is like before + after school.

Before School:

1. I wake up Tayliah every morning at 7:00 am.
2. She eats breakfast – so far she has wanted + eaten: cereal, oatmeal, + waffles.
3. I usually pack her lunch while she is eating so I get some conversation with her before she leaves for the day. Lunch is a sandwich (usually turkey), nacho cheese Doritos, some kind of fruit or veggie, a pacific cooler +  a treat (small Hershey bar, gusher fruit snacks, jello, pudding, etc)
4. After breakfast she gets dressed. When it comes to what she wears, she picks out an outfit the night before + puts it on a little hook I have in her room.
5. Her favorite shoes to wear so far are a pair of black flats. Nice choice sis!
6. I brush her hair. She either picks a clip or headband with a bow on it to wear.
7. We make sure her lunch is in her backpack + her blue folder is in there too.
8. I wake up the other two kids at 7:35 a.m.
9. We have family prayer together.
10. Leave the house at 7:40 a.m. The reason I take her to school is because the bus comes at 7:15 + instead of having to wake up her extra early, I just put forth more effort to take her.
11. It takes about 10 – 12 minutes to get to school. Lots of cars.
12. I give her a kiss + hug, tell her I love her + drop her off at school.

After School:

1. I go outside around 2:00 pm + wait for the bus to come.
2. Tayliah usually gets home around 2:10 pm. She rides the Tiger bus.
3. She always gives me a big hug + I ask how school was.
4. She always says “Fun.” Every time.
5. I pester her with more questions on what she did, who she played with, what she learned. She always tells me the letter they learned that day. So far: F, E, D, P.
6. I check her folder for anything her teacher sent home.
7. I check her lunch to see what she ate/didn’t eat. Wednesday she didn’t touch her peanut butter + grape jelly sandwich because she didn’t want to have to sit at the “peanut butter table”. Silly girl.
8. We head inside where she picks out a snack. Today she wanted chocolate chips cookies with milk. That's my girl.
9. Playtime for the rest of the afternoon.
10. Dinner around 6:00 p.m.
11. Bath at 7 p.m. + brush teeth.
12. We read scriptures + say prayers together as a family.
13. Bedtime is 8:00 p.m.


No comments: