Friday, September 09, 2011

Open House.

Today the entire family went to Tayliah's Open House. She was so excited to show + explain everything to us. And I was way, way off about the Star Student. Hahaha. Every day a kid's name is drawn out of a cup + they are the Start Student. The members of the class get to learn/know that person. I'm a dork. Oh well.

I talked with her teacher about how she is doing. She says really good. She is a sweetheart but sometimes has trouble listening. Now I have to admit, that totally caught me off guard. Her teacher went on to say that Tayliah will be sitting there, smiling, + looking right at her but when she says something to Tayliah or asks a questions, it is like Tayliah comes out of a daydream + has no idea what was just said...hahahahaha. It goes in one ear + out the other. Oh dear. I hope she learns to pay a bit more attention. I still laugh when I think about it.

Anyway, it was a fun time. My dreams of a perfect Star Student daughter was crushed by her name being drawn out of a cup + her day dreaming, but hey, she's mine + I love her -  quirks + all.

My girl.

No comments: